19 December, 2007

Busy few weeks!

How's your Christmas preps going? I've finally calmed down enough to make a list of what I have left to do (and believe me, it's a pretty short one ... thankfully!) All but a few presents are wrapped, I have a couple still to come in the post but they are for me from Gary so it's no biggie, I have the food shopping being delivered tonight and the fresh on Sunday so its just a clean through on Christmas Eve and I'm all set. Although I'm cooking dinner this year so I going to be a little frayed at the edges come the big day, for sure.

Friday night was Gary's works do. We were picked up in a Hummer limo (something I've always wanted to go in, so I was an extremely happy bunny) and plyed with champagne - it was so fab!

When we got to the restaurant, it was really lovely. I can't tell you how much I had to drink because my glass never got empty. I had stuffed mushrooms to start, followed by steak and a jacket and profitoroles to finish - lovely! We were in the vip area so we were cut off from the rabble! The conversation was wonderful, with all the "boys" putting bullets in for someone else to fire, so there was plenty of laughter, high jinx and banter going on. I was so relaxed and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Sunday was my company's Children's Christmas Party, which was an ice skating session, followed by a meal at Frankie and Benny's. It was lovely but bitterly cold outside. I didn't hang around watching the girls on the ice much, but could watch them from the refreshment tent and they were doing ok from what I could see! The wind chill was biting though. I'm going to have to knit myself a hat next year...! Afterwards Went to Frankie and Benny's and waited for an hour for our meal which wasn't too bad considering there was nearly 60 of us and we all got served at the same time. We weren't too impressed that the adults got served first though. I asked the waitress to sort out my 3 (Bec and her two friends) early so that they could pop off to the cinema - well I just wasted my breath. (And told her so because they were served the same time as everyone else.) In the end I told them to go and change the time to a later showing. After they'd eaten they went back over to the Winter Wonderland and then on to the cinema. Bec phoned me to tell me what time she was coming out and I went back down to collect them in the car. No biggie, but if Frankies had listened to me, we could have all come home on the Park and Ride together at 4, as it was I had to go back to the car park on the bus then double back to pick them up at 6.30. Grr!!

Last night was Bec's Christmas carol concert at the Brangwyn Hall. She's first violin in the orchestra and boy did it sound good! Yeah, yeah, I'm biased! I managed to capture "Everything I Do (I do it for you)" on my phone which is now my ringtone - don't tell her, she'll probably flip!


No comments: