27 November, 2007

It's not only Postmen, it's Bus Drivers Now!

Last night I was putting my coat on ready to make my daily dash to the Quadrant to pick up the Park and Ride and saw the bus going down the Kingsway (the road on which I work), I was muttering away to myself and my boss picked up on what I was whingeing about. "Why don't you ask if they'll do a stop on The Kingsway?" Good idea. They do not 1 but 3 on the High Street, plus they do a drop off on the Kingsway in the morning, so there's scope ...

This morning, there were 4 of us from my office waiting for the bus and I was telling them what she said. Good idea! I glanced at the little office and one of the Polish drivers was filling out one of our housing forms! I said to Sue, shall I make a deal with him, I'll offer to take his form in if he picks us up tonight on the Kingsway .... maybe not though, he can barely speak English and would probably not get what I was trying to say, hmmm ...

Anyway, just as the bus pulled in, I asked the Clerk if I could have some customer suggestion forms. "Not to report me is it?" he said, grinning. "Nope, I work on the Kingsway and want to know if they'd make a pick up on it in the night," I said. As I was grabbing the forms "Mervyn" (stop laughing, it's his name) walked in and the Clerk said (as loud as you like, mind) this is the one you're reporting, Mervyn is his name!" Mortified I was ....

I jumped on the bus, Sue and said colleagues were nearly wetting themselves by this point (after abandoning me) and I started handing out the forms. Before I knew it, Mervyn was standing in front of me. I nearly died!!!! Then he asked if I worked for a Housing Association. I nodded (blushing to my boots - I'd already blushed to my tips there was nowhere else to go but down) and he gestured for me to walk back off the bus with him.... Poor sod, the Polish driver was standing there with his form, looking at Mervyn expectantly to which Mervyn asked if I'd drop it in. "Of course, as long as you pick us up on the Kingsway in the night ...." His face dropped! Heh heh heh!! I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Chiloe said...

What an adventure !!! lol Hope he will make the stop for you ;-)