19 September, 2006

NEC

Went to the NEC on Saturday to the Knitting and Stitching show. Personally I thought the £12 entry fee (plus £4 for Rebecca) was a bit much. I've never had to pay for her before and we didn't bother with the fashion show at £3 extra a piece either.

For a Saturday it was pretty quiet. I've been to some before where you are just pushing to get near stalls all day, but we ambled around in our own time and had plenty of room to walk around and see what was on offer.

Browsing ...



I would say that there was about a quarter knitting, quarter stitching, quarter crafts and the rest were all the usual crap that goes with exhibitions ... ironing board covers, handbags, jackets, shammys etc.

I had to laugh though, I was looking at the stall that sells nothing but Mirabilia and Lavender & Lace and a lady came up to me and asked if I'd done any of them.

"Oh yes," I replied. "That one, that one, that one and that one, plus I'm stitching that one up there."

Her face dropped to her boots!

I liked the old style Mirabilia, I haven't cared much for the newer style so far though.

This is what I bought ...


Not much for a full day shopping, huh?! But I only wanted to buy woool for some socks (if I ever manage to finish one ...)

No comments: