19 October, 2008

Deepest Love and Queen Mermaid - FINISHED!!!

Yes, you read right! I've finally finished Deepest Love and Queen Mermaid!! First of all, here's Deepest Love ....


I have to admit, I really didn't enjoy stitching her (and what on earth is that swirly thing wrapped around her?!) I thought it would become apparent (like Titania sitting on a rose) but it never happened, so answers on a postcard please! I found her colours very boring - how many shades of green??? Anyway, she's done now and I'm pleased.


Here's my ladies together ....


(Sorry for such a crap picture, I never was much good).


Tomorrow they're off to Ocean Framers - yep, I've even found the perfect framers for them!


I have a wall that's been bare forever just so I could put these to on it!

12 comments:

Mel said...

oh WOW, STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats quite a finish, congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Karoline said...

They're both gorgeous, congratulations

Sally said...

Congratulations on your finish Nicola! She is stunning!

Michelle said...

WOW they are lovely Nichola and I love the fact you have a framer with a matching name.
I am not sure what the thing wrapped round deepest love is-some kind of shawl-but don't think mermaids wear them do they? Or is is supposed to be sea debris lol.

Trixie said...

I'm generally just a lurker but I have to say these are lovely! I finished QM awhile back and am currently stalled on DLove. Hopefully you lovely finishing will inspire me.

;o)

Michelle

Ginnie said...

They both look just fantastic!!

Unknown said...

Congrats! They both look fantastic.

I think that's a shawl wrapped around her. I always omit that kind of stuff. I omitted the back fins from Waiting for Ships and I think it turned out lovely!

I love your blog, mermaids are my favorite...

Veronica said...

Wow oh wow, they're gorgeous together, Nicola. I'd never have thought of stitching them together like that. Quite an accomplishment. Congratulations!

Bev said...

I can honestly say i wish i had the patience to stitch them they are beautiful, well done !

Samantha said...

Congratulations on your fantastic finish!!! :o)

Wendy said...

they look very lovely indeed, nice work !
I'm donig DL to, but not on the original fabric, I have fabric similar in colour to yours.
she is wearing a shawl ( her boa was at he dry-cleaners ) and a very decorative sea-plant.
well, a girl has got to work with what she's got, even when she's a mermaide !
since this is my first mermade / Mirabillia ; what is the blue on her head ?

DUSTY said...

Nicola, They are both gorgeous. Enjoy your Happy Dance.
Dusty