13 February, 2012

Duvet Day ... Or Not

What is it about me lately?   I've been looking forward to a week off for ages.  Nothing planned.  At all.  I told my mother yesterday that today I would be having a "duvet day".  After explaining to her that, yes, I do actually get out of bed (I have a young dog who gets up around 6 after all) that my plan for the day would be to do: Nothing.  Absolutely sod all.   Best laid plans eh?

So far, at writing this at 1.08 p.m. I have got up at 6.30 a.m., walked the dog around Fendrod Lake (it took two hours), made breakfast, washed up, put a load in the washing machine and had a shower.  Max was tired so I took the opportunity to get out my knitting (a sock) and settle down to one of my current favourite films, Julie and Julia.

Gary popped home, just to say "hi", woke Max up and that was the end of that.  One excited puppy who's decided that sleep is for wimps and wants to go out into the garden every five minutes.  He's in and out, in and out, in and out.   This means me having to get up to let him in and out, in and out, in and out because he hasn't learned how to do it himself yet, sigh ...

Knitting down, can't concentrate, and it's the very pattern that has always had me stumped.  For some reason, I just can't crack it so what's the point in trying to concentrate?  It's like having a baby in the house.

What to do?  Well the next logical thing for me is to cook.  I have now cooked 12 cupcakes and I have a biscotti log in the oven, once that's done I'll cut it up and then bake it again.  Delish.




2 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Your cakes look lovely. Hope you manage to find some time for your knitting on your week off sounds like you have been very busy.

Anonymous said...

They do look lovely!!!